I just came across the following video and was so move by it, I had to share it with all of you. My dad would have been about a year older than Fred if he were still living. Everything about Fred reminded me of my dad. I sure miss him.
Find Past Posts About Specific Subjects
CONTACT MEI would love to hear from you, so please drop me an email anytime you would like. Email me at: email@example.com
A Duquesne Hunky
Join 1,924 other subscribers
Search the Blog
Patricia Nowlin on DUQUESNE PENNSYLVANIA –…
- 1 – CLICK HERE TO LET ME KNOW WHO YOU ARE, WHO YOU WERE, AND WHERE YOU ARE LIVING!!
- 1A – Christ the Light of the World Facebook Page
- 2 – WE ARE DUQUESNE – Facebook Page
- 3 – PATTI
- 4 – Tube City Online – McKeesport News
- 5 – McKeesport Memories Facebook Page
- 6 – Jim's Hot Dogs Facebook Fan Page
- Brian Butko Books – ALL ABOUT OUR HOMETOWN AREA AND MEMORIES
- Duquesne Native Lisa Alzo – Author and Genealogist
- Mifflin Township Historical Society
- Sisters of Saint Joseph – Baden, Pa
This should give us all hope for the blessings of faith & eternity. Thanks so much for sharing!
Jim, such a touching story about true love. I am so thrilled that a song was able to be made by young musicians who know inherently that music and love go hand in hand. Sweet Lorraine is a wonderful song that underscores everyone’s need for love and for music. Keep up the great work. Duquesne Hunky is our Duquesne Hero! Thanks so much. And Thank You FRED.
Jim, that was one touching story…Well Done!
Jim, Again — TEARS — how I long for my parents — thank you for bringing back these memories even if they sometimes bring tears — we should all have appreciations and regrets — that’s life!
Jim, leave it up to you to bring a tear to my eye. While watching this video of Fred I couldn’t help but to think of my dad and how much he missed my mom after she died. He started downhill shortly thereafter and never recovered. If your blog has taught us anything it is that nothing lasts forever and to cherish those people and places that meant and mean so much to us. If I were a math major perhaps I could explain how time passes more quickly as we age but, alas, I am not. However, the young people wouldn’t grasp the concept. As the old saying goes, youth is wasted on the young. God knows it may have been wasted on us.
Thank you, Jim!!